Monday, September 3, 2018

2017-Spring 2018. Thoughts on our time in Utah, and moving to Boston

Obviously I haven't been good and journaling. Sometimes it's because it seems so daunting to update several YEARS, so I'm not really going to try. My Instagram was kept up, and that will suffice for keeping track of what's happened the past few years. But I wanted to get some thoughts down before I move on to current life.

I think I probably complained about Utah more than I should have. I never want it to come across that I was ungrateful for our time there because it honestly was some of the best years in some ways! I loved my job for one. I worked at Huntsman Cancer Institute, and it propelled me into a whole new specialty in nursing, which I love. I got OCN certified, and am planning on working in oncology for the foreseeable future. That's a gift that Utah gave me. I also have the very best team at work, which was an integral part of me loving it. My coworkers were intelligent, kind, fun, and a million other good things. We came to be such good friends, and that's something really special.

Living close to my family was amazing! I didn't really realize what I was missing until I came "home" as an adult and experienced how fun it is to live close. We did so much together,r and I was able to recharge relationships and make new ones with the babies that were born. Oh my babies. being close to nieces and nephews was really the best part. They are just the cutest, sweetest, best kids. I don't even think this is bias talking ;) I miss them so much being far away now.

Utah is a beautiful state, and I really enjoyed being able to hike and camp there. I got some fun trips in to see parts of the State (Southern Utah several times, the mountains close to SLC, Utah Valley area, etc...), and I look forward to exploring more each time I visit family.

The hard part was living apart from Job the past year. He really wasn't living in Utah at all the last 9 months, so I was alone in our apartment, and he had a place he rented in Cambridge. Even in the best of places, it's not ideal without your partner. We both struggled in ways without each other. And were over the moon happy to be back together. The reason I stayed was to finish out two years of work at Huntsman. I felt this was very important, career-wise, and Job was supportive of me. But as soon as my two years was up, I moved to Cambridge to be with Job. The reason he left was for career reasons as well. He kept getting called for work in Boston, so it just made sense to be there where the large majority of his work was. It has been really good for his career to be settled in the Boston area, and I'm proud of the work he has been doing since he's been here. Exciting stuff happening for Job in the music world!

That's where you'll currently find us--in a small and bright studio apartment in Cambridge, working in Cambridge and downtown Boston, reconnecting with old friends and making new ones, exploring our beloved New England. We grew as we lived in Mexico, felt good about moving to Utah, and we feel positive about being here now. Life it a journey and ours has taken us many different ways. In my mind, each step has been integral to our progress, and I wouldn't change it for anything.

But here's to being settled in Boston for at least a few years ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment