Monday, September 3, 2018

Old journal post from Spring 2017

I came on to update our blog a touch, and came across this draft. It sounds like I just needed to get some things written down, but looking back at it now, it's even more interesting to read. Spoiler, we moved back to Boston ;) A recap of the past year in another post.

_____________________________________

Stream of conciseness, coming right up.

Life in Utah. A year down. Who knows how many to come?
Job and I have talked so much about if we want to stay here or not. Bottom line-we get homesick for Boston often. But then we realize that we have a good thing going here. Several good things. So we are sticking around for a while. I worried a lot about raising kids here. It just didn't feel quite right to me. But babies are little, and learn from their immediate surroundings most of all. We can raise our kids while they are little here, and discuss what we want to do when they are older. Maybe that will entail a move when that time comes, but for now this is a good option. I like my job, Job likes his. Job in the PhD program gives him opportunities for growth, and he is getting asked to play in more and more chamber concerts all over the country, which he loves. Salt Lake City is a quirky, and fun city. We still haven't fully explored all there is to offer here, but we are starting to give it more of an effort as we get settled, and really like what we are discovering.

I love having family here. I miss my Boston friends immensely. They have been the best I have ever had. But with best friend Job, and wonderful friends in my family, I am feeling supported again. I also know I have a lot of friends from my past in the area, so I just need to make more of an effort to get together with them! It is a goal of mine. So help me out Utah friends!

Winter we hunkered down and worked hard. Job was gone many weekends, so we didn't get to some of the adventures we wanted to do together, but he did some great traveling. And I did some fun Winter hikes, health challenges, and family time.
New Years was my favorite. Job and I went to Boston together, and celebrated in style at a dance party at Symphony Hall. There was a live band, they cleared out a large area for people to dance, and had some amazing guest performances. We love symphony hall, and it was so fun to ring in the new year together, in one of our favorite cities. We also saw some friends, did some projects, and saw the urban nutcracker. It was a short, and amazing trip, and gave us energy to propel into 2017.


No comments:

Post a Comment