Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Change of Pace

I have decided to open up my blog for more of my everyday, personal(ish), sometimes silly, whims and thoughts. Even more than I already do that is. I want this to be interesting and fun for my kids to read someday (or it might just be an 80 year old me reading it but whatev....).

When I first started contemplating this I argued with myself:

1. No one wants to read random stuff I write everyday. The people who read my blog will be b.o.r.e.d.
---Well I am not really forcing people to read it if they don't want to, and I am primarily doing this as a family journal for Job and I, so I can write whatever right? (though I think any blogger will tell you they love when people besides themselves read their blog. It's more quickly satisfying than waiting 60 years and thinking "boy I am glad I wrote all this stuff". I am no different; it is nice to know others read and enjoy too :)

2. I don't have time to write all this little random stuff that pops into my head that I would like to.
---Um...yes you do. At the moment you have nothing BUT time. So get writing! Because someday soon that extra time will be gone. And plus, your memory is TERRIBLE. You forget what you ate yesterday unless you write things down. (But don't worry, I won't write down everything I eat here. just some of it. I like food....)

3. Writing several posts a week, once a day, or even several times a DAY is just not acceptable for a personal blogger.
----Says who? It is just like people writing in their journals or thought books. No one cares how often they do that. Blogging will become my guilty pleasure. And with blogging I will at least have something to show for it at the end of the day. More than can be said for other guilty pleasures (though I do have something extra to show for all those cookies I have been eating lately...but that's not a good thing).


So that is that. My desire to record silly, everyday thoughts and happenings won out. We will see how much my new obsession really picks up. Perhaps I will go back to posting as I have been, but for now I want to try this. Feel free to read all posts, a few, none-- whatever you fancy. Because I will be writing whatever I fancy and it just miiiiight get mushy at times. Just sayin'. I love the hubs.

Well on that note, I've got to go plan something that is "que rico!" for dinnero.

P.S. as you can see in the post above I am making Job write things too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment