Saturday, March 12, 2011

First I was afraid, I was petrified-This years first gardening attempt

A month or so ago I got some plant cuttings from a friend. I am not known to have the greenest of thumbs, but I really do love gardening and helping things grow (even if they die quicker than they should ;) So I was very excited to try and get these cuttings to survive. They sat in a glass of water growing little roots for about a month and then a few days ago I finally planted them.
I got some cheapo pots to start with (didn't want to spend a ton on nice pots in case they died right away. I know, there's my pessimism coming out again ;) and some dirt from the dollar store. I also used cupcake liners to line the bottom of the pot and slow the loss of water from the hole. So for a grand total of $3 I got two new spring plants. And they will survive (as long as i know how to love, I know they'll stay alive....they've got all their lives to live...)!!

Today really felt like Spring was gracing us with its presence here in Boston. Job and I opened up the windows wide and enjoyed the breeze.

Before we know it evening walks to the park will commence :)

And am I excited to bust out my sandals? You better believe it.

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I should try growing something, but I'm too chicken! haha By the way...according to your little ticker..today you have been married for 1 year 2 months 3 weeks and 4 days...1234! haha you guys are so cool!

    ReplyDelete