Thursday, December 20, 2012

CT

I have been struggling with how to express my thoughts about what happened in Newtown, CT on Friday. I am feeling what everyone else is feeling; shock, sadness, disbelief. This is something I felt surely could not happen, but it just did. I was working at school around kids when I heard the news, and it being in our beloved New England, our "next door neighbours" per se, I felt especially affected for some reason. It just hit close to home.

I guess I just want to send thoughts and prayers to the families affected, and to that sweet town who will forever be remembered for this. I also hope that the victims can be remembered with happiness, rather than focusing so much on the terrible act committed.

It is easy to fear, but faith is harder. Faith rather than fear is what will give us peace, even through tragic times. I hope people won't fear too much, but will be prepared, do all they can to be safe, and then have faith. Love each other, hug your child/spouse/mother/sister/brother. There is still a lot of goodness in this world.


Update: I saw this on a friend's blog and thought I would share. It's a sweet idea and I can't wait to get cutting up those snowflakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment