Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Living the Long Distance Relationship life.

As my close friends, and anyone who peeks through my instagram, knows--I am apart from my Jobito. We are separated this summer as he is working on some amazing projects in Mexico and I am holding down the fort here in Boston. It's an interesting feeling to not have him here. Interesting meaning, a bit sad. I love that guy, ya know? I was so young when we got married that I hadn't been on my own for that long. I guess just a few years in college, and some of that time we were dating. It's been the absolute best to have Job moving along in life with me during the 5 1/2 years we've been married.

But for all my whining and dramatics about missing Job, I also am a capable, competent women, and have been doing fine "on my own"*. I don't know if I was worried about that, but all the same, it's good to know. Job has been doing fine "on his own" as well. We are both working a lot, spending time with friends and family, exploring some hobbies, and kicking some goals of ours in the booty (translation: that's a good thing). Do we miss each other? HELL TO THE YES! Are you crazy? Why would you even ask that? ;) But I also am appreciating this time apart. I am learning to appreciate Job more, I am building stronger relationships with some of my other friends, I am becoming even more independent in good ways, and reunions are just so good, if currently not often enough. It also is possible to get more done when Job is gone because I don't have the most adorable distraction around. Now let me make sure I make this clear, I would rather be together, distractions and all (come on, I really like the distractions), but I am trying to see the good in this situation this summer.

There are a few things we try to do to keep in good contact, and I am always trying to think of new ways to connect a country apart. Currently our emoji game back and forth each day is strong, sooo...we have that.


Along with our big overarching goals, I have a few things I want to experience solo this summer. Things that I think will put me out of my comfort zone a bit, and stretch me in a good way. I think it's good for people to learn to enjoy spending time with themselves. I am hoping to grow in this way, and by doing so will hopefully become a more interesting and dynamic person for Job to hang out with when we are reunited. I'll post some of my ideas here in a future post, so feel free to give me your ideas as well (think, going to a movie alone, dinner alone, etc.).

Here's to lovely husbands, strong women, reunions, and emojis!




*quotations because I am not really alone. I have the most amazing friends around me who have been such a support and help. They deserve a post of their own some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment