Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Passing

My wonderful dad passed away the 16th of January. It was so heartbreaking, but I know that he is feeling so much better now and is with my brother doing wonderful things. He was one of my heroes and best friends and I miss him so much, but I know we will be together again and I want to keep making him proud. I feel so blessed that Job and I went ahead with the wedding and he was able to be there. There is nothing better than being with your family in the temple. It reminded me of the covenants we make there that allow us to be together again forever.

A happy passing is that I passed my NCLEX exam (national test to become an RN). I was shaking as I looked up the results because I wasn't so sure about how I did. But thanks to help and hard work I made it. I am officially an RN :) It is a good feeling after a long, hard journey through the nursing program. I have had so much support and help through the whole process that I feel it was a group effort :)

Job just found out that he "passed" the first level of a concerto competition at Brigham Young University-Idaho! He was one of two musicians chosen out of all the strings competing. Tonight he is up against all of the instruments to go for the big win! :) I am so proud of him!! He is one amazing player! :)

2 comments:

  1. He went on to compete against all the instruments and won!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachael, I'm so sorry about your dad. So happy that he was able to see you get married and be with you in the temple. I love the strength that the gospel can give us!

    But congratulations to you for passing your test and becoming an RN!! And congratulations to Job for winning! That is awesome! I'm glad to hear you guys are doing well...

    Are you really coming back to Rexburg?? That would be so much fun! Camden needs to meet his aunt Rachael! I'm excited, when are you coming? What are your plans??

    ReplyDelete