Sunday, January 16, 2011

I Love you daddy.
 Thanks for wearing cool hats a lot. I collect hats. I wonder where I got it from? ;)
Thanks for taking us on cool trips around the world.

 Thanks for kissing mum even when (especially when?) we could see :) I kiss my husband a lot now.
 Thanks for having such a beautiful singing voice and sharing that talent. 
 Thanks for seeing the potential in things and buying fixer-uppers. They were always adventures and we learned the value of hard work.
Thanks for eating weird foods and letting us try them too. I can (and do) eat anything now.

Thanks for bringing home cool gifts from your world travels.

 Thanks for being a friend to pretty much everyone. Even animals ;)
 Thanks for being the king of the house and making mom the queen.
 Thanks for going shopping with your girls. Even on day trips to Venice.
 Thanks for going to girls camp with us. And for carrying my canoe when it got too heavy.
 Thanks for every birthday I got to spend with you. And for making us laugh A LOT :D
Thanks for embracing the culture of wherever we moved.
 Thanks for being brave.



 Thanks for always being a strong Priesthood leader in our home.
 Thanks for playing with your kids.
Thanks for marrying the most beautiful, amazing woman on earth.

Thanks for being a very handsome man. I've been told I look a lot like you :)

Thanks for rides on your shoulders.
 Thanks for being the best Dr. around. You fixed me more times than I can name.

 
Thanks for teaching us to be tough girls. We don't mind worms and fish guts too much.
Thanks for teaching me that no matter what happens, the Lord is with us. And for smiling everyday, even when it hurt. Thank you for teaching me that you can smile and be happy, even during hard times.

Thank you for being there for my wedding.

I could go on all night.....


 I love you daddy.

5 comments:

  1. rachael, im crying, that was beautiful!!
    I can't imagine how the past year has been for you and your family, but i love you and i love your dad.
    Charlotte
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was beautiful! Thanks for sharing your dad with us! I was honored to get to know him and your family! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for being my big brother and making me work very hard so I could try to stay in your league, and teaching me never to give up. Love you Brother.

    Thanks Rachael, Love you too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachael, That was a beautiful tribute to your dad. It made me cry, too, but they were happy tears to be married to the most wonderful man in the world (for me!) I look forward to eternity with him. Fun, fun, fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachael I love all those pictures. They made me cry and laugh. I love you. Maren

    ReplyDelete