Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father! - to God himself we cannot give a holier name. ~William Wordsworth

On a family trip to Disney Land. My dad LOVED Disney Land :)
I know I've posted this picture before. But can you blame me? It is a great representation of my dad and I's relationship. Fun, playful, loving, caring, close etc. He is also incredibly smart, funny, goofy, kind, outgoing, spiritual, musical, and adventurous. He passed away 1 1/2 years ago, but I  am so grateful for the knowledge that I will see him again someday. So while this holiday can be especially difficult, it also makes me appreciate all the great years I did have with my dad, and all the fun fathers days that I gave him tie cards and socks. He has made a huge impact on the woman I am today.

The longer I am married to Job the more I realize how much my dad and he are alike. In so many ways! (down to having "unique" names that people have a hard time getting correct ;) Might not look like it at first, but if you know each of them you can tell they have so many of the same wonderful and fun qualities. This gets me so excited to bring kids into our family someday because I know that Job is going to be an awesome dad to them, just like my dad was for me. Those lucky kidlets!! :)
Job with one of his nieces in his hometown of Monterrey, Mexico
My father-in-law has taught me so much in the short time I have been able to spend with him. He is patient, kind, hard-working, strong in the gospel, and a friend to his children. I know that Job has learned so many qualities a good man should have from his padre. So thanks Jose for teaching Job to be a gentleman! :)

The 1 week I have spent with mi suegro Jose when we lived in Las Vegas. I can't wait to spend more time with him and get to know him even better! :)

To my brother-You have the cutest kids ever! I take that to mean you have done something pretty great in being their dad ;) You are a good example to them, play with them, love your wife, provide for your family, and so much more. I am so proud of the wonderful father you are :)

Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment