Friday, December 28, 2012

Twelve Dates of Christmas: Date Twelve

On the 12th date of Christmas my true love and I...


Had our traditional Christmas Eve feast with the Genzales, + the Millers this year.

The Genzales are some of Job and I's very favourite friends in Boston. He is the bishop of our ward (church group), and she is the sweetest women you will ever meet. We love getting together with them to eat, talk, sit by the fire, exchange book recommendations (that's just Judy and I, the guys not so much ;), and cook. They have been so kind to us the years we have been here and we love them.

To sum up most of what we did this night I will use the words of the Grinch,


"Then the [people], young and old, would sit down to a feast. And they'd feast! And they'd feast! And they'd FEAST! FEAST! FEAST! FEAST"

After our feast we were able to relax and talk. And I had time by the fire which is my favourite place to be.




We feel very blessed to have good friends who help us feel loved and included during Christmas. We do miss our other families, but we are also a little family and enjoy making our holiday traditions and spending time together.

This season has been full of ups and downs (mostly ups), but not one moment have we felt alone. We have felt the love of our Father in Heaven and Savior Jesus Christ, just as we do throughout the year. What a beautiful gift God has given us, His own Son. I have been especially focused on the precious babies around me this Christmas as I have thought about the sweet baby Jesus coming to earth and being placed gently in a manger by Mary. A silent and holy night. Sleep in heavenly peace.

Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment