Saturday, April 27, 2013

A little cheese for the weekend

 I stumbled upon a dangerous thing the other afternoon while I was craving something delish.

15 min. homemade jalenpeno cheesy bread.

It's better, and faster, than dominos.


What have I done!?

A friend asked for the recipe, and while I shouldn't really call it homemade (it's so easy) here are the instructions I came up with in my hungry state:

1/2 ball of pre made pizza dough (fresh stuff, like from Russos, Trader Joes, or another grocery store.)
Shredded mozzarella cheese
Shredded parmesan cheese
Thinly sliced yellow onion
Thinly sliced fresh jalepeno
optional: garlic powder, red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning.


Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees. Put a generous amount of olive oil on a pizza pan. Hand stretch the dough into a circle, the dough should be somewhat thin. Place the dough on the oiled pan and then don't touch it. It will shrink and get thicker. That is good. Generously sprinkle with cheeses, and top with onion and jalepenos. Season as desired and cook for 12-15 minutes in the crazy hot oven. The cheese will get browned, and the dough all crusty and crispy, ahhh yum! Slice into pieces, eat, and call me to thank me/curse me for showing you this ;)

Shared here

No comments:

Post a Comment