I am working today so Job and I are not doing a traditional meal, but we are feeling the spirit of this special day.
Job and I just spent a week doing our semi-annual pretend-to-be-parents gig and we loved it. We had 4 fun and sweet boys to tend, and it makes me realize that I could handle having boys some day! ;)
It was a good pre-thanksgiving week and made me (surprise!) grateful for a lot of things.
In no particular order (except the first few ;)
- My loving Father in Heaven and my Savior. First always.
- The best friend I have ever had. Job, you are just something else. A million thanks for putting up with my special kind of crazy. You are my favorite person ever, and forever.
- The rest of my big, loving family!
- The fact that our car is miraculously still working
- Frothy, hot, and hazelnutty steamed milk. Woody's pizza, seafood chowder from No Name, Sam's sandwiches....
- Fuzzy socks, a warm husband when I don't have clean socks
- YouTube, my job, YouTube at my job
- Clorox wipes
- Funny, funny books (just finished 'dad is fat', currently on 'holidays on ice)
- Coming across perfectly intact Fall leaves just sitting right there in the street.
- Late nights walks to the corner store with Jobito.
- A city that always has something great to do!
- Roasted green beans with lots of pepper, a sprinkle of salt, and drizzled with olive oil (<----free recipe for you)
Need I go on? There is a lot.
Have a happy, safe, and food-filled holiday everyone!