Monday, May 25, 2015

Listen, Watch, Read

I love other people's media recommendations, and I think it's interesting to look back and see what I enjoyed at a certain point in my life. So here are a few of the things I've been listening to, watching, and reading lately:

1. Chef Soundtrack. I love the eclectic mix of songs, and especially the Cuban beats.
2. Eat Pray Love. I'm just beginning this one. I love to do all three of these things, so I am surprised I haven't read this one before now.
3. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time. This is a delightful little read. I think it's especially interesting considering the population I work around every day, but everyone can enjoy and learn from this tail told from the viewpoint of an intelligent and interesting young man.
4. Everything I Never Told You. It made me think. I liked it, and I didn't like it. But I enjoy having to consider a book, to see why I liked it, and why I didn't like other parts of it.
5. Maidentrip. Gotta love an awesome documentary like this. I love that it's mostly filmed by Laura, and that we get to hear her speak (and curse haha ;) in Dutch. Her personal growth on this incredible journey is lovely to watch, and her innate inner strength, is fascinating.
6. Mozart in the Jungle. Currently Obsessed. I feel like this show was made for me haha. Think about it- Sexy, passionate Mexican musician, tells about the lives and drama of members of a major orchestra, fantastic music, top notch cast, funny, etc... Those are all things I like and are pertinent to my life ;)  I can't give this a blanket recommend this to everyone because of the language and innuendos, but I will say that I thought it was pretty tame compared to some similar shows (if that sounds like I am making excuses, I am. But you've been warned on content. I still love it.)
7. Indie Folk. There's a broad genre recc for ya. I am talking specifically about the Indie Folk "channel" on Spotify, which I can put on at anytime and always love it. I can listen to this type of music longer than almost any other kind.
8. The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up. Job and I have been making big strides towards getting rid of a lot, trying to live very simply, and "tidying up" our lives. I am hoping to get to a gentle form of minimalism (though that's not necessarily the lifestyle the author is touting, so this applies to everyone and not just weirdos like me ;). I learned some really good tips from this book, especially regarding how to store the few things we have.
9. Savior Redeemer of My Soul (Rob Gardner arrangement). This has been on repeat for a few weeks. It brings me peace, touches my heart, and centers me.


Kind of a weird mix of media, but that's me. I'll be starting a whole new group soon, and love recommendations. I keep a list on my phone of recommendations from people; from books, to restaurants, to trip locations. What have you been enjoying lately? I'll add ya to the list.

2 comments:

  1. Love the recommendations! I have the Chef soundtrack playing on youtube right now! I've never heard of it before! I may recommend the Mozart movie for date night for Curtis and I, too! Also loved the performance by Job! He is really amazing! BTW, are you guys down in Mexico already?

    ReplyDelete