Sunday, July 19, 2015

Job's whirlwind weekend visit

Job was able to fly up to visit the end of May, with the purpose of playing his violin for a big conference for our church, but reeeaaallly to see me you see. It was a quick 2 1/2 days, made even quicker by a much delayed flight out of Monterrey (boo). But each second we were able to spend together was worthwhile and much needed.

 Best view.
 Job brought me "a few" tortillas ;) Not complaining!
My bed is better with him in it.

I can't find the photo of Job at the conference...I'll keep looking and try to add it later.


Once he finally got here Friday night we got ourselves a hotel room a few miles out of town and just had a tiny stay-cation. Sometimes sleeping and eating somewhere different is all you need to mix things up. For dinner that night we drove into Boston to try The Elephant Walk restaurant, which is French and Cambodian and somewhere we've been wanting to try. I've heard good things about the one in Cambridge, but that one closed early, and we were burning the midnight oil. So we ended up at the one in the South End (which is my favorite Boston neighborhood, FYI to anyone who wants to buy me a brownstone down one of those tree lined streets). We had the place almost to ourselves, a nice waitress who left us just the right amount alone, and lots to catch up on. This made for a fantastic dinner date, despite some of the food being not completely up to par (maybe the Cambridge location is better?). I know I've said this before, but looking over at my extremely handsome date, and just talking about life, is one of my very favorite things to do. Throw in some food and I'm set. And I don't know if it's just me who finds this attractive, but Job is a sexy tipper when we go out for a nice meal. He left a generous tip for our waitress, and it just made me feel good as we left.

The next day we lounged a bit, Job practiced a bit (he did have to perform that evening after all), and I bossed him around and pretended to be his manager/teacher. I am particular when he plays one of my favorite songs ;) This was the day he got to play the amazing violins from the collector in the area. He was on cloud nine after that. I made Job dinner and we hung out the rest of the evening. We started Sound of Music which Job has never seen, but didn't get very far before falling asleep, so he owes me next time he comes out ;)

Sunday we had church in the morning and Job got to see some of our friends from the area. Then we headed back to the McQuiveys to make them dinner. The kids were sooo happy to see Job. I was old news, and they've always liked him better anyways ;) I get it, I like him too.

That evening we had the conference Job played at. It was a Latino conference with people from  all over the New England area, and a leader from our church, Elder Holland, came to speak at it. The conference was wonderful and uplifting, and Job played absolutely beautifully. Plus, since I was "with the band" and turned pages, I got a great seat next to Job up on the stand. Score.

Alas, Job left the next morning very early, but the few days we got were fantastic. It's what I needed to get me through the next 7 weeks before he comes again.

And those 7 weeks are up-he comes in tomorrow evening! This time for a longer visit. I love that guy. This time I'll try to write about the visit before the next visit happens. Instagram has thrown off my blogging game.

No comments:

Post a Comment