Monday, November 16, 2015

October NYC trip, part II

There's more! I will be more brief this time. Sunday was amazing as well. (Can you believe we fit all that stuff from the last post just on Saturday? Lexi is a pro tour guide, and I'm a pro adventurer ;). Anyways, we attended church in the morning, via Tyron Park, which was really nice, and then walked up to the Cloisters. Goodness, it was beautiful, and such a great way to spend a Sunday morning. It was so peaceful, and the art and architecture is amazing. The way it incorporates everything seamlessly gives you such a good look at the medieval European time period, and how everything would have been displayed. The gardens were delightful as well.






We headed over to Brooklyn for the afternoon. Biking across the bridge > walking across the bridge. Iconic views and free sailing across in the bike lane. We went along the promenade, Got some delish lunch, I ate a Brooklyn ice cream factory cone, since I hadn't had enough sugar at that point ;), and we just enjoyed the gorgeous afternoon and beautiful views. I love Brooklyn and could spend a loooonnng time there exploring. But alas, the trip was coming to a close. I said goodbye to Lexi, and then headed to the Lower East side and Chinatown to explore a bit more before heading home. I liked both neighborhoods a lot. It's amazing how quickly they change from one block to another. I found some cool shops, explored the streets, and ate some good food. Later I found a coffee shop to grab some tea, charge my phone, and people watch. It was so relaxing to sit at the end of my trip, watch the city pass by, and take everything in. My scrounged dinner from different shops consisted of pickles, olives, and a doughnut, which got me through the bus ride home. #balancedmeal.

 One of my favorite photos from the trip. I don't know why, I just love all the bikes on the cobblestone, and the bridge perfectly peeking out of the buildings.
 The scarf is definitely putting off a "nursing cover" vibe in this pic. Yikes. Gotta find a new way to wrap it ;)










I feel so lucky I got to enjoy this weekend adventure, and big thanks go to the Warrens for hosting me. Can't wait to return the favor someday (soon! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment