Tuesday, March 29, 2011

For Health and Strength and Daily Food

I'm baaacckkk! Did you miss me? What? You didn't even notice I was gone?! oh, ok yeah...I guess it wasn't that long....

My very short absence from blogging has made me want to get right back in and post some catch ups today. Because babbling here does this girl some good.

First off: Check out the good start to our new way of eating (Basically just more fruits and veg, less meat, more whole grains, more natural, less processed, more whole foods etc. Basically the Word of Wisdom! :) More on our little "diet" later...if I remember that is.)

I checked out this book from the library and liked a lot of the recipes and ideas. So we are trying to implement some of them into our eating habits.

Job made roasted red pepper hummus, I blanched some veggies, and we used up some whole wheat crackers we had laying around. Super good!

I bought whole wheat flour to bake and cook with this time instead of white. I obviously need practice with making whole wheat bread as this loaf was too dense, but it tasted yummy and was nice and hearty :)

Anyone have some great healthy recipes they want to share with moi? Or just great whole foods we should try? I am wanting to try quinoa and see how we like it. Do share people, I love new ideas! :)

1 comment:

  1. I don't have any great recipes but you sure make me want to try this diet. I have been wanting to do something good for my body so maybe I will give it a go... however, I do love my sweets and meat.

    ReplyDelete