Monday, October 29, 2012

A new group

Ta-da! I have joined a book club. We have been meeting for 2 months and I love it already. First month was Emma, and then I hosted at our house and we read And Then There Were None. I have never hosted or been a part of a book club but I had fun hosting.

We started out with a few minutes of socializing, then I had everyone write down a thought or question they had about the book. I thought it would be interesting to get everyone else's opinion. I had a whole list of questions too, but a lot of them were similar so we mostly stuck to the questions people had written which was fun. So basically I didn't have to lead the group the whole time, I just kept things moving along. The discussion was great and creepy! The ladies of book club are lovely, intelligent, and of course, avid readers. While we chatted we also munched on some tasty and spooky food that everyone brought. Another thing I did was to write out the poem of the book and include each character and a bit about them. I think it was helpful to keep everything straight.


Definitely a fun night and I am looking forward to November's book, The Hobbit. It has been so nice to get back into reading for leisure now that I am out of school. After all,

“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.” ― Dr. Seuss


So now I know 10 ways to kill someone. Who knows where that will take me. Mwahahaha. Ok just kidding, that's gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment