Saturday, October 27, 2012

When life gives you apples

Job and I have been enjoying our fresh apples we picked a few days ago. Along with chomping down a few fresh ones a day, I have made several batches of applesauce. I found a yummy and easy recipe for the crockpot that I wanted to share.

Slightly modified via Skinny Taste
(visit skinnytaste.com for nutritional facts and pretty pictures :)

Crockpot Applesauce

 Ingredients:

  • 8 medium apples (use a combination of apples)
  • 1 strips of lemon peel - use a vegetable peeler
  • 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
  • 3 inch cinnamon stick
  • 5 tsp light brown sugar (unpacked) - or agave (or leave out if apples are sweet enough)
Directions:

Peel, core and slice apples. Place them in the crockpot, add cinnamon stick, lemon peel, and brown sugar. Cook on low 6 hours. Remove cinnamon stick and blend into smooth sauce if desired, or just stir and leave chunky. 

Makes 3 cups.

I loved how simple this was to make! Just a few ingredients and a crockpot.

Why yes, I'll have some fresh whipped cream on my applesauce. Thanks for asking.

No comments:

Post a Comment